Friday, March 29, 2013

Haye, I’m back!

David Haye

DAVID HAYE has confirmed he will return to the ring on June 29.

Haye, 32, went back into retirement after stopping Dereck Chisora in brutal fashion inside five rounds at Upton Park in July 2012.
But the desire to bow out of boxing at the top has persuaded the Hayemaker to make a comeback.
And he will let the leather fly once again at the Manchester Arena this summer as he attempts to become mandatory challenger for one of the world heavyweight titles held by the Klitschko brothers.
Haye, who plans to fight twice this year, said: “I want to put myself in the position to take the world title.
“Instead of sitting around waiting, I want to get back in there. People want me back and they’ll be able to see it on June 29.
“I’m a couple of fights away from that mandatory position. Whether the Klitschkos fight me after that, we’ll see.”
Video:

I'm back to make Haye and reclaim a world title

DAVID HAYE plans to force the Klitschkos to fight by becoming mandatory challenger
Haye’s opponent will be announced in the near future by trainer and manager Adam Booth.
A TV deal is not currently in place but the fight will be promoted under the Hayemaker banner.
Booth said: “I’m talking to five top-ranked fighters at the moment. None of them are British.”
Haye previously maintained he would not fight again unless it was to face Vitali Klitschko.
But with the WBC champion contemplating retirement to pursue a full-time career in politics in his native Ukraine, Haye is determined to force a showdown any way possible.
And despite still having Vitali in his sights, the Londoner would not hesitate to settle the score with Wladimir Klitschko should the opportunity arise.
Haye was widely criticised for blaming a broken little toe for his disappointing performance against Wladimir in July 2011.
But the former undisputed cruiserweight champion is keen to prove the unanimous points defeat was nothing more than a bad night at the office.
Haye added: “I’ve been waiting for the phone to ring from Team Klitschko but it hasn’t happened. Their path doesn’t include me this year.
“Vitali is a puppet and his team are pulling the strings. I hope he stands up and demands a fight to cement his legacy before he goes.
“I never anticipated having a bad night against Wladimir but it happened. I want to right those wrongs.”

No comments:

Post a Comment