Saturday, March 30, 2013

Robben rubbishes 'insane' talk of Bayern exit


Reports have linked the winger with moves to Galatasaray and Inter, but he insists his sole focus is on ensuring the Bavarians end the season with silverware.
Arjen Robben has quashed "insane" reports that he could leave Bayern Munich in the summer to join either Galatasaray or Inter.

The 29-year-old struggled with a succession of injuries in the first-half of the season and has since been forced to settle for a place in coach Jupp Heynckes' rotation system at the Allianz Arena.

The scenario has prompted speculation that Robben could join up with Netherlands teammate Wesley Sneijder in Istanbul or make the switch to Serie A, but the winger insists there is no truth in the rumors.
"One day it's Galatasaray, the next it's Inter. It's insane and none of this is in my head," Robben told Bild. "I'm solely thinking about [the match against] Hamburg, then Juventus and the return leg after that. It's only about my team and our objectives. Anything else is written and fabricated, I have no influence on it.
He added, "It could only annoy me if I listened to it. It is part of football, and if other clubs are interested in me, then that's great and I'd respect that. I have no interest in making a change."
Robben has six goals in 18 appearances for Bayern this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment