Saturday, March 30, 2013

Moyes happy for Everton stay if he is granted funds


The Toffees boss declares his willingness to remain at Goodison Park and extend his contract, as long as he is given a transfer budget to help improve the squad
David Moyes has revealed that he would be happy to extend his stay at Goodison Park, providing that the board give him the financial resources to help take Everton to the next level.

The former Preston manager has been at the club for 11 years but his current deal is set to expire in the summer, with Chelsea rumored to be interested in his services.

"I want what's best for Everton and if people say it is best for Everton that I stay, then I would agree," he told reporters, "but I have to make sure Everton have the best opportunity to try and continue where they are, and push on from where they are.

"I'm waiting on some information coming back to me and we'll talk again when we get all that information. I can't say what the budget is and whether that will be enough until I get the breakdown and see how it will all work but what I have got to ensure is that, as a club, we achieve what we are capable of.

"I know what we are capable of - we have a really good squad, a small squad but one that is getting older and we need to replace that and change it around.

"Everybody knows that a decision will be made at the end of the season and that will be the time because we will see where we finish and where we go"

No comments:

Post a Comment