Sunday, March 31, 2013

I’m A Celebrity... Get Me A Ringside Seat!

David Haye, Linda Robson, Helen Flanagan, Charlie Brooks and Brian Conley

DAVID HAYE faces the ultimate bushtucker trial when all his jungle pals sit ringside for his comeback.

The former world heavyweight champion makes his return at the Manchester Stadium on June 29 with Manuel Charr topping the list of likely opponents.
Haye emerged as one of the stars in the latest series of TV reality show I’m A Celebrity . . . Get Me Out Of Here.
He finished third and struck up a relationship with top chef Rosemary Shrager.
Haye revealed: “The first thing Rosemary said to me was that she didn’t like boxing, yet a few days later she was training with me — you never know, she could do the ring walk with me.
“I’ve invited all the guys, Charlie Brooks, who won, Ashley Roberts, Brian Conley, Colin Baker, Eric Bristow, Hugo Taylor, Limahl, Linda Robson, Nadine Dorries, Helen Flanagan and of course Rosemary to be ringside and they all said yes.
“Rosemary will be there but not at the front because she screams the loudest. She’ll be five or six rows back — I don’t want her to distract me.”
Haye, 32, insists he felt at peace during his three-week stay in the jungle. He added: “Some sort of cleanse definitely went on while I was in there.
“It gave me a little bit more time to reflect on things. When you’re there with a bunch of people you don’t know you kind of relax.
You’ve nothing to distract yourself, no text messaging, no internet, no clocks, you don’t even know what time it is.
“You’re just sitting in a jungle with rats and cockroaches.
“I have watched myself back on I’m A Celebrity, I’ve actually watched every episode of it.
“I was surprised how skinny I looked. I went down to 14st 6lbs. You get light-heavyweights heavier than that.”
Haye, who is hoping to line up a mandatory challenge for Vitali Klitschko’s WBC world title, has also promised to tone down the trash talk that gave him a bad reputation.
He said: “A lot of the stuff I have said in the past has obviously been very close to the bone and it has got headlines.
“The only headline I want is ‘And the new world champion is . . . ’

No comments:

Post a Comment