Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Amir Khan’t promise another UK bout

AMERICAN DREAM ... Khan is not likely to return to the UK to fight after April's bout

AMIR KHAN has revealed his next fight could be his last in the UK before he hangs up his gloves.

Khan bids to get back into the world title mix when he takes on Julio Diaz at Sheffield’s Motorpoint Arena on April 27.
It will be his first fight in England for almost two years.
The former world light-welterweight title holder plans to box again just once more this year and if things go to plan it will be in Las Vegas in December.
Khan, 26, has built a strong fanbase here and abroad but with big American TV networks desperate to show his bouts, he will be forced to fight in the US.
He has taken a big pay cut to fight in England this time and he said: “It’s good to be back fighting in England, this could be one of my last times.
"The next fight is in US but for this one fight I thought...bring it back home.
“I want to put on as perfomance for my home fans, I want a good performance for them I want to make it special for them.
“I have never fought in Sheffield as amateur or professional but it’s a big fight town producing the likes of Nassem Hamed and Johnny Nelson and a few others. It’s a big-fight town.
“When ever you fight, you want a performance but with this being one of my last here in UK, I want an explosive bout. I wan't people to get excited watching me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment