Thursday, April 18, 2013

Murray dumped out by Stan the man

SWISS ROLLED .... Andy Murray shakes hands with Stanislas Wawrinka after losing in Monte Carlo

ANDY MURRAY crashed out of the Monte Carlo Masters after a heavy defeat to Stanislas Wawrinka.

The US Open champion won just THREE games against the world No17 as he slumped to a 6-1 6-2 loss in less than an hour.
Murray, who started his clay court season in impressive style yesterday against Eduoard Roger-Vasselin, had no answer to the power of Wawrinka.
And he was left humiliated on the red dirt in a major blow to his preparations for next month’s French Open.
Murray said: “When I started making a lot of errors he was able to dictate all of the points from there.
“If you take your foot off the gas you don’t give any power in your shots to dictate the points to your opponent.”
Murray conceded he normally needed time to settle into the clay court season and today’s performance reflected that.
The Brit, who next plays in Madrid in a fortnight’s time, added: “I’ve played some good tournaments here but it does take me time to feel comfortable on the surface.
“I need matches against top players to see what’s going wrong and going right and the things I need to work on to get better.
“It’s disappointing, no one wants to lose matches like that.
“Hopefully I can use it as motivation to improve because I really need to do a lot of work.
“I need to work really hard over the next two weeks to get ready for Madrid.”

No comments:

Post a Comment