Thursday, April 18, 2013

I don’t know where I stand at Chelsea

BLUE BLOOD ... Chelsea captain John Terry enjoyed his goals against Fulham

JOHN TERRY admits he does not know where he stands in the defensive pecking order at Chelsea.

The Blues skipper, 32, has made just three league starts since a knee injury suffered last November.
With Gary Cahill returning from a similar knock plus David Luiz and Branislav Ivanovic also in the mix, Terry knows he must be patient.
He said: “With Gary coming back, I don’t know where that puts me in the pecking order.
“All I can do is train hard and, when I get a chance, play well.
“There are no complaints. If the manager is straight with me and tells me, that’s fine. I accept the rotation system.
“I can definitely play twice a week, three games a week if need be.
“I’m fit, I’m training every day and have been for the last three months, so I just want to set the record straight.”
A brace in last night’s 3-0 win over Fulham gave a reminder to interim boss Rafa Benitez, who chose not to play Terry in the FA Cup semi-final against Manchester City.
But while he insists he is fully fit again, the former England captain has no issues with the Spaniard’s rotation policy.
He added: “I’m available but, at the same time, if the manager chooses not to pick me, there is not a problem.
"I’m Chelsea through and through and I want nothing more than to get Champions League football.
“If that means me playing, great, if not, I will be the biggest supporter in the dressing room. It’s down to me to work hard and maybe prove him wrong.”

No comments:

Post a Comment