Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The time is right for Torres

Fernando Torres has enjoyed a productive season

FERNANDO TORRES admits adapting to life at Chelsea should not have taken as long at it has.

Torres, 29, was quickly branded a flop after enduring a stuttering start to life at Stamford Bridge following his £50million switch from Liverpool in January 2011.
The price tag weighed heavily on the Spaniard’s shoulders and shrugging off the criticism directed at him has not always proved easy.
But a return of 19 goals in all competitions this season suggests Torres finally appears to have found his feet.
And he is determined to add to the tally as the Blues chase Europa League glory and a top-four finish in the Premier League.
Speaking to UEFA.com, He said: “Every day you learn new things and you change a little bit.
“You are the kind of player that you are all your life, but I think the key is to adapt to a new system, new players, a new style of football — and that takes some time.
“In my case maybe more than it should, but after a couple of seasons here I can see how different the team is compared to when I arrived, with different players.
“We have to be clever and focused in the adaptation of the new ideas of the team, the manager, the kind of football we’re playing now.
“I think this is the main difference. I think my mind is open, more open than before, and I can see what I have to do to improve.
“The Europa League is keeping us in a good mood and thinking it could be a good season.”

No comments:

Post a Comment